go2MONITOR Use Cases
go2MONITOR main task is to simplify radio monitoring.
- Wide band frequency range(s) are intercepted
- Classification of the signals in the wideband spectrum
- Signal selection (manual or automatic) and extraction by Digital Down Conversion (DDC)
- The output of the DDC is assigned to an automatic production channel (APC)
- Analysis of the narrow band signal, demodulation and decoding
An important feature of the go2MONITOR software is that the user can extend on its own the existing decoder library by using go2DECODE.
The selection of signals for decoding can be automatic or manual.
- Manual mode: The operator selects a signal in the spectrogram or uses results from the snapshot classifier. The system can selects the correct decoder to decode the signal. Manual decoder selection is also possible. Up to eight signals can be decodes and displayed on the screen. For more channels, Automatic Monitoring and Tasking (AMT) is used.
- Automatic mode: Based on set of rules defined by the operator, the product will automatically search for signals, demodulate, decode and store the results. This leaves the operator free to concentrate on the unknown signal types that emerge
A production channel uses a configurable list of decoder/modems. The best match is selected for decoding. The signal is demodulated, decoded and the results are displayed.
- Reliable recognition, demodulation and decoding of data signals
- Detection and recording of voice signals
- Determination of technical parameters for display and decoding
- Processing of signals without loss
- Extraction of information about the transmission protocol, meta data, time-stamp
- Signal decoding down to the content like text, audio, binaries etc.
- Storing the output to files/database
- Extendible by the customer (Universal demodulators, Decoder Description Language)
- Adaptive demodulators and soft-decision decoding
The result display shows the collected results in detail and can be configured using the Extensible Style sheet Language (XSLT). Up to eight production channels can be used in parallel in manual mode, up to n (<200) channels in automatic mode.
go2MONITOR provides functions for the recording of the wide- or narrow band spectrum. Start and stop of recording can be controlled from the channel processing part of the GUI.
- Loss-less wide-band signal recording
- Concurrent calculation of FFT´s
- Scheduled recording (optional)
- Loop recording (optional)
- Start recording triggered by a rule (optional)
- Replay of recordings for later analysis
Modem List Editor
The decoder modem lists can be configured, loaded and saved. The decoders/modems list can be tailored according to the monitoring task.
Signals of interest can easily be added to an integrated station list. Entries in the station list can be assigned to production channels by using drag & drop or the context menu.
- Data import and export from/to a CSV file.
- Possibility to add own data fields
- Grouping of data
- Filtering of data
- Information can also be used in the ResultViewer
Station Display in Spectrogram
Please not that from shoc frequency lists for HF as well as V/UHF are available
For details see shoc Frequency Lists
- The list is in the correct format to allow direct import into go2MONITOR
- New found signals can be entered directly into the database
- Station names can be easily displayed in the live spectrum using data overlay
- We can also proved the required updates
Wideband GUI with Panorama Display
All modules, functions and features are controlled from the go2MONITOR GUI. The GUI is modular and flexible and allows easy adaptation to specific requirements and contains the following parts.
- Panorama display (if delivered from receiver)
- Live signal monitoring
- Extraction of narrowband channel
- Signal classification
- Interactive demodulation and decoding
- Live audio
- Wideband and narrowband recording control
- Task scheduler and monitoring (of all executed jobs)
- Replay of IF recordings
Multi Wideband Signal Input (on request)
go2MONITOR is ready to run multiple wideband inputs side-by side in one application. The wideband inputs can come from one receiver, like:
- multiple streams from one PLATH SIR 511X receiver
- IZT R3xxx (4 channels)
- WiNRADiO G39 (2 channels)
or from even different receivers from different manufacturers
For decoding, the narrowband/production channels can be setup completely independent, giving full flexibility.
Tabs are used to show multiple receivers (to safe space) or receivers can also be displayed side by side.
- Work with multiple receivers connected to different antennas (different locations, directions, polarization, etc.) and select the best one for decoding.
- Monitor HF and VHF/UHF at the same time using different receivers
- Monitor multiple frequency ranges at the same time and use the available decoding channels according to your requirements.
- Simultaneous decoding/recording from one receiver and additional playback of recorded files. So even during monitoring you can start working on recorded files.