go2signals go2MONITOR Features
In order to properly monitor the situation, the spectrum must be continuously monitored.
The most efficient way to do this is with a fully automated 24/7 workflow.
To use automatic processing features, the operator creates tasks and missions. The results are stored in a database for further evaluation. An advanced ResultViewer shows a tabular or graphical representation of the stored data.
- PROCITEC releases two updates per year with new functions and additional decoders
- MIL decoders require an End User Certificate outside Germany
- PMR decoders require an End User Certificate outside EU/Wassenaar
- Due to the complexity of the software, not all functions are described on the website. Please also study the brochure and the user manual
ITU monitoring, Radio Regulators
- go2MONITOR gives you an overall survey of a defined part of the radio spectrum. The system runs in automatic mode, searches for all signals in a list of predefined frequency ranges ore frequencies and stores the results from the classification (frequency, modulation, symbol rate etc.) and if required the decoded data. Rules can be defined to control the behavior of the system.
- Automatic search and decoding of known signal types
- Automatic search and recording of unknown signal types
- Manual online monitoring of frequencies
- go2MONITOR can support the user of an NSMS (National Spectrum Management System) in the following areas::
- Spectrum monitoring
- Law enforcement
- Inspection of radio installations
- Frequency coordination and notification
- Rules, regulations and associated standards
- Spectrum engineering
- Spectrum planning and allocation
Governmental & Private Bodies
- Detect attacks on your infrastructure
- Situation-based monitoring of:
- Universities (during exams)
- Correctional facilities
- C-ESM support
- Signals Exploitation
- Signal acquisition, analysis and reporting
- Mission planning
- User specific actions, Control Interface. The Python scripting engine provides all the function that are not supported "out-of the-box"
- Ready to be integrated into handheld receivers
- Rapid decision unit
- OTM (On The Move) operation
- Information superiority is a key factor for your success. Our solutions allow you to grow regarding the number of channels and the processed bandwidth.
- Independent from your hardware (wide range of receivers supported)
- Export results to "Big data" for further analysis
- Local analysis for pre-evaluation
- Spectrum monitoring and frequency management
Automatic Search and Decoding of Known Signals
- Search in predefined frequency ranges for known signal types. These include analog transmissions (e.g. AM, FM USB, LSB) and digital transmission
- The system working in automatic mode, searches for the signals, classifies, demodulates, decodes and records the entire output
- Decoded data (text, binary) or demodulated audio data (analog, digital) are stored for further analysis and reporting.
Automatic Assignment of Unknown Signals
- Create a complete overview of the RF environment without prior knowledge of the actual frequency allocation
- The system searches for energy in a predefined frequency range and determines whether certain desired parameters (SNR, bandwidth, modulation) are present
- The signal is processed until the required information is available (detection, classification, decoding, recording)
Automatic Monitoring of Fixed Frequencies
- Defined frequencies are constantly checked for signal activity
- In case of activity, the signal is immediately processed and, if it contains the desired parameters, recorded, demodulated and decoded
Recording for Offline Analysis
- The recording of frequency ranges can be triggered by time and energy detection or manually started by an operator
- For evaluation the operator uses an offline spectrogram for quick overview and navigation within the recorded bandwidth of the spectrum
- The emissions of interest can be easily selected, documented and exported to files for further processing with go2DECODE, go2MONITOR or a third-party signal analysis tool
- For the visualization of the radio spectrum real-time spectrogram and FFT are available
- The operator observes the signals in the spectrogram. With the wideband classifier the signals can be analyzed. The additional zoom and cursor functions allow also a rough estimation of the signal properties
- The operator selects the signals to be processed. Afterwards starts the live decoding with output and automatic storage (for further analysis with go2DECODE or go2ANALYSIS)
Multi Wideband Signal Input
go2MONITOR is ready to run two (more on request) multiple wideband inputs side-by side in one application. The wideband inputs can come from multiple receivers like:
- PLATH SIR 2115, SIR 511X receiver
- IZT R3xxx (4 channels)
- WiNRADiO G39 (2 channels)
For decoding, the narrowband/production channels can be setup completely independent, giving full flexibility.
Tabs are used to show multiple receivers (to safe space) or receivers can also be displayed side by side.
- Work with multiple receivers connected to different antennas (different locations, directions, polarization, etc.) and select the best one for decoding.
- Monitor HF and VHF/UHF at the same time using different receivers
- Monitor multiple frequency ranges at the same time and use the available decoding channels according to your requirements.
- Simultaneous decoding/recording from one receiver and additional playback of recorded files. Even during monitoring you can start working on recorded files.
The classifier is an important component in non-cooperative communications monitoring in which a listener desires to intercept unknown signals.
go2MONITOR contains a multi-stage classifier with the following functions:
- Detection of all signals in the available frequency range
- Modulation type classification
- Detailed signal parameters measurement
- Pre-classification of some protocols
go2MONITOR offers different tools for automatic tuning and decoding of signals, a big advantages compared to other decoders where you are fixed to one work flow.
The tools used are:
Continuous narrow-band classifier (provided in the production channel)
Snapshot classification, provided in the spectrum (spectrogram/FFT) display
- Continuous wideband classification provided in the spectrum (spectrogram/FFT) display in Automatic Monitoring and Tasking (Option) mode
Recognition and Decoding (provided in the production channel)
The production channel uses a configurable list of decoders and checks in parallel which one of these decoders is matching the received signal.
- Classification, Recognition and Decoding
With the information (modulation, symbol-rate, shift etc,) of the classification, a dynamic modem list is prepared. Then this list is used for Recognition and Decoding
Types of Classifiers
|Classifier||Source||Trigger||max. Span||max. Signal BW||Meas. periode|
|Continuous||HF: 1 MHz
VHF/UHF: 4 MHz
|HF: 50 kHz
VHF/UHF: 300 kHz
|ca. 4 s|
|WB Snapshot Classifier||RX-IQ stream
10, 20, 30, 60, 120 s
|HF: 1 MHz
VHF/UHF: 5 MHz
|HF: 50 kHz
VHF/UHF: 300 kHz
|ca. 4 s|
with AMT Option
|Continuous||HF: 1 MHz; VHF/UHF: 5 MHz (default)
HF: 1 MHz; VHF/UHF: 10 MHz (Option WCL 10)
HF: 2.4 MHz; VHF/UHF: 20 MHz (Option WCL 20)
|HF: 50 kHz
VHF/UHF: 300 kHz
|ca. 4 s|
|Modem classification||NB max. 1.6 MHz (DECT)
WB max 18 MHz (LTE)
A production channel uses a configurable list of decoder/modems. The best match is selected for decoding. The signal is demodulated, decoded and the results are displayed. Depending on your go2MONITOR version 1, 2 4, 8, 16, 32 or any other number of production channels are available.
- Reliable recognition, demodulation and decoding of data signals and voice signals
- Determination of technical parameters for display and decoding
- Processing of signals without loss
- Extraction of information about the transmission protocol, meta data, time-stamp
- Signal decoding down to the content like text, audio, binaries etc.
- Storing the output to files/database
- Extendible by the customer (Universal demodulators, Decoder Description Language)
- Adaptive demodulators and soft-decision decoding
The result display shows the collected results in detail and can be configured using the Extensible Style sheet Language (XSLT). Up to eight production channels can be used in parallel in manual mode, up to a few hundred in automatic mode.
All results are stored automatically in a PostgreSQL database. There is no need for the user to explicitly “save” results!
The ResultViewer shows the following information:
- Wide-/Narrowband classification results
Content: Decoder output, demodulated audio, binary
- Meta Data, System Data, Classification results
- Recorded wide-/narrowband IQ-data
- GEO information on a map
Data export is possible into a CSV file for further processing with Excel or another application. It is possible to export all data or only a subset of data created using filter/structure/sorting/masking.
You can add your own export functions in Python to create e.g.:
- Word documents
- Reports according to your organization requirements
- shoc Network Analyzer (sNA)
- All information available for the current filter/structure are display in a table. The column selection and the sorting and filtering can be changed
- The Time/Frequency view shows the same results as the table view, but in graphical form
- The position of the system and transmitter are displayed on a map
- Received geo location information from HFDL, AIS, etc. are extracted (PYTHON scripting, can be modified)
- Direction finder DF. The interface to the DF can be done by using PYTHON scripting
Bulk File Processing
You can process recorded signals directly from specified folders with predefined options.
It is possible to monitor folders and process new files automatically. This allows easy connection of go2MONITOR to existing tools and systems from TCI (Blackbird), IZT, CRFS, decodio etc.
- Straightforward integration into existing system (no programming required)
- An external source creates recording of signals and stores them in the files system
- Files gets automatically decoded
- Files are decoded at full speed (depends on license)
- Results are stored in the database
- Operators use ResultViewer’s to access results, the output can get further processed by operators or additional software