How can I enable auto loging for remote desktop connection?
If you try to setup auto loging the following error message is received:
Your system administrator does not allow the use of saved credentials to logon to
the remote computer computername/ipadress because its identity is not fully verified.
Please enter new credentials.
Try these steps:
- On your local machine Open Windows command prompt type: gpedit.msc -> Press Enter -> a new window will popout
- Go to Local Computer Policy –> Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Credentials Delegation
- Double Click on “Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication”
- By default it will be “not configured”
- You will see radio buttons -> Enable the policy
- Click the “Show” button in the options window below and enter the value “TERMSRV/*” (without quotes) into the list.
- Click Apply button
- Do the same thing for the following policies:
-Allow Delegating Saved Credentials
-Allow Delegating Default Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication
- Allow Delegating Default Credentials
- Make sure that "Deny Delegating Saved Credentials" is not enabled or does not contain “TERMSRV/*” in the list
- Close all windows
- Open a command prompt and use “gpupdate /force” command to apply the policy directly.
Last update on 2018-05-12 by Rolf Haenggi.